‘I like to read my diary occasionally to remind myself what a miserable, alienated old sod I used to be.’ Jo Brand
This is the diary I made when I was 17 in the year 2000. From this diary I deduce that I was:
1) Wearing bindis.
2) Watching a lot of Spanish independent cinema when I should have been at school.
3) Buying over priced copies of The Face from international book shops.
4) Experimenting with ink.
5) Obsessed with my inadequate body.
6) Painfully identifying with Enid in ‘Ghost World’.
7) Very worried about everything.
8) Embarrassed/envious of my mother’s effortless ability to wear hot pants and cork platforms at 40.
9) In love with a beautiful boy.